The class is designed to give the average officer the knowledge and ability to prepare a quality search warrant affidavit in Massachusetts. The class will be instructed by veteran Massachusetts investigators who are Federally certified instructors. The class will specifically apply to Massachusetts laws and requirements.
- When is a warrant needed?
- How to fill out a search warrant application
- What is probable cause & how to demonstrate it in writing
- What can be searched for
- Drug warrants
- Homicide & violent crime warrants
- Computer warrants
- Identifying location & items to be searched for
- Time constraints
- Use of named vs. unnamed informants
- Developing first time informers
- No knock vs. knock & announce
- Controlled buys
- Anticipatory warrants
- Execution / Entry issues
- Post execution reports
All students will receive a comprehensive manual and digital files containing information pertinent to the successful preparation of a search warrant!