This one day course is designed as a practical and realistic guide on police report writing. Special emphasis will be on the report process from field notes to finished court-ready reports. Special segments within this program will touch upon Field Notes, Use of Force Incidents, and Domestic Violence Reports. Basic and simple report structuring will be explained.
- Importance of accurate comprehensive police reports
- Field notes and check-off lists to ensure information is captured
- Basic grammar and sentence construction (for police officers)
- Report frame-works
- Crime element inclusion coupled with readability
- Specialty reports (i.e.: Use of force reports, supplemental reports)
- Simple tips for proof reading
- Court use and liability reduction associated with police reports
- Best agency practices regarding police reports
This program is designed to be interactive with attendees. This is a police officers report writing class and not an English class. This program will also benefit supervisors in assisting them with report reviews.