Who should attend? Law enforcement executives, command staff, and supervisors of all ranks who are or may be tasked with conducting performance evaluations.
This training provides supervisors with the skills needed to monitor and document employee performance, provide continual feedback, provide early intervention when needed, and conduct fair and impartial performance evaluations to help employees meet or exceed expectations.
At the conclusion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Conduct fair, impartial, and accurate performance evaluations
- Write appropriate comments on the evaluation form
- Avoid critical rating errors in performance evaluations
- Hold effective pre-evaluation meetings
- Conduct evaluation meetings that focus on future performance
- Utilize supporting supervisor documentation for performance evaluations
- Document employee development and work performance throughout the year
- Assist employees in career growth and development
- Understand the importance of early intervention to improve performance
- Have critical conversations including counseling for poor performance
- Provide effective continuing employee feedback throughout the year
- Set clear employee expectations
- Meet the “rater training” standards for accreditation
- Provide a record to assist your organization in decisions on promotion, assignments, training, awards and disciplinary action
Added Bonus: Bring your evaluation form (optional). If you bring a blank copy of your performance evaluation form, Chief Glidden (Ret.) will work with you at the training to help you get the most out of your existing evaluation process.
Another bonus – Free Leadership Tips. Even before you attend – join the many law enforcement leaders who subscribe to Ron’s FREE weekly Bulletproof Leadership Tips by clicking on the subscription button at www.RonGlidden.com.