Officer-involved shootings are being heavily analyzed in modern day law enforcement by the media, political activist, community leaders and even law enforcement leaders looking to make a name for themselves. The very nature of these incidents and investigations require a very thorough and professional investigative process that includes transparency and accuracy.
This training course will consist of the following information:
This training course will help investigators and supervisors understand the investigative process. The course will go over the policy and legal requirements for interviewing officers who are involved in these type of incidents with specific reference and focus on Massachusetts Law.
Learning how to determine and secure the crime scene and handle the officers and family well-being during these critical times will be fully explored and discussed.
- Major incident scene management
- Media in high profile cases
- Identifying potential witnesses
- Crime scene procedures
- Interviewing the involved officer
- Involved officer’s statement: Voluntary vs. Garrity
- Administrative and Criminal Investigation
- Massachusetts Law Transactional Immunity