This class is ideal for officers responsible for managing or conducting pre-employment background investigations. The class is appropriate for officers of any rank.
A one-day seminar for patrol officers, supervisors and administrators responsible for managing or conducting pre-employment background investigations for any size agency. The course objective is to explain the purpose and value of quality background investigations and to provide tools, sources and techniques that will assist police managers in conducting quality background investigations.
- Who should be involved?
- What goes into a quality investigation?
- Areas of inquiry
- Importance of an in-depth inquiry
- Making the investigation fit the need
- Importance of social networks
- Critical issues
- Suggested forms
- Interview techniques
- Suggested data sources
- Record keeping
- Policy Development
- Requirements for Massachusetts and C.A.L.E.A. Accreditation/Certification