At MPI, we realize, that many of you rely on grant money to make things happen. This year, there’s lots of federal money available in the form of grants for law enforcement agencies and we know how to get it. Our instructor, Sheila Smith, has written grant applications resulting in the acquisition of more than 10 million dollars in grant money for law enforcement agencies just like yours.
This course will teach you how to identify your funding needs and then show you where to go to locate the grant opportunities that will meet your needs. We’ll show you how to properly develop the grant proposal, how to submit the application and manage those funds once they’re received. Students will leave this class with a complete written grant on either body worn cameras or for de-escalation. In addition, this course will keep you organized and in compliance with all federal requirements.
“There are many courses available introducing the ins and outs of grant writing for public safety. There is only one MPI, and we’ll show you how to get it done!”
- Describe the requirement for federal grants
- To provide materials that will assist LEO’s in developing and submitting a grant application
- Discuss a strategy for getting departmental acceptance for grants
- Discuss the different components of grant applications
- Managing the grant, communication of grant milestones / payments
- Budget modifications
- Get support from external agencies