This training course will consist of the following information:
- Conditions for effective de-escalation.
- Levels of anger escalation
- What is crisis intervention?
- De-escalation techniques
- How do you de-escalate a conflict?
- Verbal De-escalation, what it is, when to use it?
- Verbal De-escalation Tactics
- Establishing an Environmental Baseline: Recognition and Observation skills as it relates to identifying deviations from expected norms in a particular environment.
- Indicators of potential hostile /criminal intent: pre op planning. Surveillance etc.
- Recognizing , decoding and deciphering body language cues for both field and static interviews
- Verbal and non-verbal indicators of potential deception
- Cognitive Questioning Techniques (field and static) – highly effective in exposing deception and defeating cover stories
About the presenter:
Carl Maccario, Co-creator of the TSA Behavior Detection Program.
Over the last fifteen years Carl has taught extensively to local, State and Federal law enforcement agencies as well as in the Middle East. In addition for more than a decade, Carl has presented training for the United States Department of Defense and Special Operations Community helping to prepare them for traveling into hostile areas of the world. Carl is engaged in this training on a continuous basis and continues to perform this skill set in various operational environments. Carl was also featured in former TSA Administrator, Kip Hawley’s book, “Permanent Emergency”. Carl has been a contributing author to the text book, Nonverbal Behavior: Science and Application and Protecting Airline Passengers in the Age of Terrorism, published by (ABC-CLIO).